Accumulo >> mail # user >> importdirectory command gets stuck

importdirectory command gets stuck
Sometimes when I try to run importdirectory on Rfiles, the thread hangs and eventually fails. The shell says, "WARN : Thread 'shell' stuck on IO to …" and the Recent Logs in the UI say "Thread 'bulk import XX' stuck on IO" and "rpc failed server … org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException …"

Sometimes it puts the Rfiles in failures, and sometimes it writes a text file failures.txt in failures, where failures.txt contains the location of an Rfile in HDFS under the Accumulo data directory.

Is there any way to fix this Thrift error so I can complete bulk ingest? Also, what does failures.txt mean? It looks like the Rfile is in the right place. I would greatly appreciate any help with these issues.

Thanks,
Mike