Hive >> mail # user >> hadoop fs -text cannot get .deflate file decompressed

hadoop fs -text cannot get .deflate file decompressed
I got some hive generated files with .defate extension. I know this is a compressed file.
It is not my data so i canot change the option to uncompressed. I just want to view
the file content. But when I used hadoop fs -text, i cannot get plaintext output. The
output is still binary. How can I fix this problem? Thanks.