HBase >> mail # dev >> provide a 0.20-append tarball?

RE: provide a 0.20-append tarball?
Agreed it's not an ASF requirement.  Just stating my opinion and sense from others.

An additional motivation and benefit of the Apache 20-append repository and release is a de facto record of what patches are actually required to achieve the requirement you just laid out (works well with HBase and no data loss).  CDH goes beyond that.

What I'd recommend to someone today for production is a different story.  There has not been sufficient testing on the 20-append branch at this point so I would personally recommend CDH3b2 to most users.

JG