Hadoop, mail # user - Mapfileoutput format: reading in the results?

Mapfileoutput format: reading in the results?
Saptarshi Guha 2009-07-02, 22:46
Hello,
Not sure if I sent to this to the right email address, so here it goes again.

I am using Hadoop 0.19.2 and am experimenting with the MapFileOutputFormat.
The job is complete, the output folder has several part-* files though
none of them directories (as I thought a mapfile is a directory)
However, to read the key,values back in I tried a
MapFileOutputFormat.getReaders(fs,"/tmp/outputfolder",conf) //a

and would have proceeded to getEntry,
However after //a, i get the following exception
Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does
not exist: hdfs://spica:54310/tmp/wcout/part-00000/data

Which doesn't surprise me since the part-* are files and not directories.

Q1: Have I use the MapfileOutputFormat incorrectly?If so, what is the
proper usage?
Q2: How then do read in the output from a MapOutputFormat?

Many thanks for your assistance
Regards
Saptarshi