Sqoop >> mail # user >> Settings required to execute create-hive-table

Settings required to execute create-hive-table
Hello group,

I have a table in MySQL and I wish to create the corresponding Hive table
using Sqoop's create-hive-table option. The query gets executed without any
error, but the target table doesn't get created. I feel I'm missing
something because of which Sqoop is not able to talk to the metastore. Do I
need to set some properties in Sqoop so that it can talk to Hive metastore
in order to create Hive tables?

I am using MySQL as metastore on my Mac. Hive and Sqoop versions are 0.11.0
and 1.4.4 respectively.

This is what happens when I execute the Sqoop command :

 SQOOP_HOME  bin/sqoop create-hive-table --connect
jdbc:mysql://localhost/demo -username root --table t2
unknown primary or operator

14/04/22 02:30:45 INFO manager.MySQLManager: Preparing to use a MySQL
streaming resultset.

14/04/22 02:30:45 INFO manager.SqlManager: Executing SQL statement: SELECT
t.* FROM `t2` AS t LIMIT 1

14/04/22 02:30:45 INFO manager.SqlManager: Executing SQL statement: SELECT
t.* FROM `t2` AS t LIMIT 1

14/04/22 02:30:45 INFO hive.HiveImport: Loading uploaded data into Hive

Logging initialized using configuration in
jar:file:/Users/miqbal1/hadoop-eco/hive-0.11.0/lib/hive-common-0.11.0.jar!/hive-log4j.properties

Hive history
file=/tmp/miqbal1/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Thanks a lot for your precious time.

Warm Regards,