Sqoop, mail # dev - Software grant for OraOop was [VOTE] Include High Performance Oracle Connector in Sqoop

Software grant for OraOop was [VOTE] Include High Performance Oracle Connector in Sqoop
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2014-01-25, 17:29
> I am unsure why a vote is required for a code contribution - really
> just having it attached to a jira, and a committer pushing it should be
> enough. Either way, a big +1!

That is an excellent point Hari, thank you for raising it! Considering that OraOop has been released several times by Quest and later by Dell, I do not believe that David owns the rights. And as a result I don't think that he can simply submit the connector as a patch on JIRA and grant us required rights. It seems that much better way is for Dell to submit a Software Grant [1] first, ensuring that we have the legal part covered.

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt