Sqoop, mail # dev - Software grant for OraOop was [VOTE] Include High Performance Oracle Connector in Sqoop - 2014-01-25, 17:29

Software grant for OraOop was [VOTE] Include High Performance Oracle Connector in Sqoop

That is an excellent point Hari, thank you for raising it! Considering that OraOop has been released several times by Quest and later by Dell, I do not believe that David owns the rights. And as a result I don't think that he can simply submit the connector as a patch on JIRA and grant us required rights. It seems that much better way is for Dell to submit a Software Grant [1] first, ensuring that we have the legal part covered.

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt