Sqoop >> mail # dev >> Re: Software grant for OraOop Oracle Connector in Sqoop

Re: Software grant for OraOop Oracle Connector in Sqoop
Hi David,
it seems that there were no objections with using the software grant to contribute the OraOop. Would you mind following up with your employer to fill and submit the agreement? The procedure is documented at [1].

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://www.apache.org/licenses/#grants

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 09:28:41AM -0800, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:
> > I am unsure why a vote is required for a code contribution - really
> > just having it attached to a jira, and a committer pushing it should be
> > enough. Either way, a big +1!
>
> That is an excellent point Hari, thank you for raising it! Considering that OraOop has been released several times by Quest and later by Dell, I do not believe that David owns the rights. And as a result I don't think that he can simply submit the connector as a patch on JIRA and grant us required rights. It seems that much better way is for Dell to submit a Software Grant [1] first, ensuring that we have the legal part covered.
>
> Jarcec
>
> Links:
> 1: http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt
>
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 09:21:13PM -0800, Venkat Ranganathan wrote:
> > +1
> >
> > Thanks
> > Venkat
> >

> > On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Abhijeet Gaikwad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
> >
> > > +1
> > >
> > > Best Regards,
> > > Abhijeet

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> > NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to
> > of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
> > received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately

Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
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=d/NC