Sqoop, mail # dev - SQOOP-1367 Branch - 2014-07-10, 22:00

SQOOP-1367 Branch
Dev folks,

SQOOP-1367 requires drastic changes to the Sqoop2 code base and will likely
bring some level of instability for a short period of time. Could we create
a separate branch for SQOOP-1367 development? Here are a few reasons why
this seems like a good idea:

   - Since releases are built from the "sqoop2" branch, it seems like it
   should be stable.
   - We could disable and enable tests freely as this branches stability is
   not as important.
   - Chunking work up will become a lot easier since we would not care if
   this branch immediately works. This will make code reviews much easier.
   - SQOOP-1367 is a core change to Sqoop2. It will touch several files and
   reshape the shape of jobs.