Sqoop, mail # dev - Re: Discussing solutions to Sqoop1 and Sqoop2 confusion (was: Code name for Sqoop 2) - 2014-08-20, 02:51

Re: Discussing solutions to Sqoop1 and Sqoop2 confusion (was: Code name for Sqoop 2)
Over a week with no additional objections!

I believe there is no need for a vote in this case, so I'll go ahead
and open Jira tickets and submit patches for the changes we agreed on:

- Change the blurb on our front page to:
Latest stable release is 1.4.5 (download, documentation). Latest
experimental release is 1.99.3 (download, documentation) - Note that
1.99.3 is not compatible with 1.4.5 and not feature complete, it is
not intended for production deployment.

- Change all references to 1.99.3 to "1.99.3-prerelease"
But not the artifact itself since it seems too disruptive.

-  Add clarifications in Sqoop2 docs that Sqoop1 parameters and
connectors are not supported.

Gwen