Sqoop >> mail # user >> Joins in Sqoop

+
Sambit Tripathy 2014-01-16, 13:20
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2014-01-17, 16:55
Sambit Tripathy 2014-01-17, 18:59
Sambit Tripathy 2014-01-21, 16:47
Chalcy 2014-01-21, 17:07
Chalcy 2014-01-16, 13:48
Sambit Tripathy 2014-01-16, 14:13
Joanne Chan 2014-01-16, 15:28
Anas Mosaad 2014-01-16, 13:58

2.      Make proper delimeter adjustment during import

3.      Run the query in Impala shell

Regards,
Sambit.

From: Chalcy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Joins in Sqoop

I thought so since you did not have space in MySql db.

You have to find a way to break the data into smaller buckets and then try to get it to hive or like I suggested originally, bring the data into hive and do what you have to do there,

The options for hive are,
1. Get only the joined data into hive and in hive concatenate the columns and store into another table and then do a group by that concatenated field.
2. Get tables individually into hive, do the join and also concatenate the fields and insert them into a new table and then run group by.
3.  Write a simple hive udf to do what the mysql function does after bringing the join tables into hive
4. Bring the join tables into hive and write a mapreduce to do what you want to do.

Hope you find a way to do it and post it here.

Thanks,
Chalcy