HBase, mail # user - passing a parameter to an observer coprocessor

passing a parameter to an observer coprocessor
Wei Tan 2013-08-22, 16:36
Hi all,

   I want to add some dynamic behavior to my observer cp, say:

postPut(){

if(flag) {do function1()};
else {do function2()}

}

  Is there a way to dynamically change the value of flag? One Feasible
approaches is to change a value in table descriptor, but then I need to
restart the table. Is there a way to pass a parameter using an API, say,
from an endpoint, to an observer? Another way to ask this question is, is
there a shared variable between an observer, and an endpoint, in a common
table?

Thanks,
Wei