Hadoop >> mail # user >> streaming cacheArchive shared libraries

Re: streaming cacheArchive shared libraries
Okay, I think I understand.  The symlink name that follows the pound sign in the -cacheArchive directive isn't the name of the transferred jar file -- it is the name of a directory that the .jar file will be put into and then be unjarred.  So, it doesn't act like like jar would on a local machine, where files are recreated at the current directory level.  Rather, everything is pushed down by one level.  Wish a corresponding cmddev flag to point LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the correct location, I think I can get it to find the shared libraries now.

On Aug 5, 2011, at 10:27 , Keith Wiley wrote:

> Quick followup.  I substituted the true mapper for a little python script that just lists the cwd's contents and dumps them to the streaming output (stderr).  Oddly, I it doesn't look like the .jar far was unpacked.  I can see it there, but not the unpacked version, so it looks like -cacheArchive transferred the file but didn't unjar it.
>
> Anyone ever seen something like this before?

"And what if we picked the wrong religion?  Every week, we're just making God
madder and madder!"
                                           --  Homer Simpson