From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 07:21:24
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: NameNode fails

Thanks Bejoy, Mohammad and Vignesh :-).

I have done the suggested by you and made thses changes. and formatted the namenode and trying to start cluster.
but now name node is not starting :-(
hdfs-site.xml

<configuration>
    <property>
        <name>dfs.replication</name>
        <value>1</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
        <value>/HADOOP/hadoop-0.20.2/hadoop_name_dirr</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>dfs.data.dir</name>
        <value>/HADOOP/hadoop-0.20.2/hadoop_data_dirr</value>
    </property>

</configuration>

hdfs-core.xml

<configuration>
    <property>
        <name>fs.default.name</name>
        <value>hdfs://localhost:9000</value>
    </property>

    <property>
    <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
    <value>/HADOOP/hadoop-0.20.2/hadoop_temp_dirr</value>
    <description>A base for other temporary directories.</description>
</property>

</configuration>

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards