HDFS >> mail # user >> yarn-site.xml and aux-services

yarn-site.xml and aux-services
I notice the yarn-site.xml

  <property>
    <name>yarn.nodemanager.aux-services</name>
    <value>mapreduce.shuffle</value>
    <description>shuffle service that needs to be set for Map Reduce to run </description>
  </property>

Is this a general-purpose hook?
Can I tell yarn to run *my* per-node service?
Is there some other way (within the recommended Hadoop framework) to run a per-node service that exists during the lifetime of the NodeManager?

John Lilley
Chief Architect, RedPoint Global Inc.
1515 Walnut Street | Suite 200 | Boulder, CO 80302
T: +1 303 541 1516  | M: +1 720 938 5761 | F: +1 781-705-2077
Skype: jlilley.redpoint | [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | www.redpoint.net<http://www.redpoint.net/>