HBase >> mail # user >> Running HBase on Yarn … HoYa ?

Running HBase on Yarn … HoYa ?
Hi,

I'm going to post this to the YARN Google Groups as well since this problem intersects across both efforts…

So, running HBase on Yarn…

While its possible to bring up a Yarn cluster and manually start HBase outside of Yarn, it seems that this would end up causing some massive issues…

It seems that Yarn needs to know about all of the resources on Hadoop cluster so that it can allocate resources. Running anything outside of Yarn on the cluster, may cause Yarn to oversubscribe resources.

Is anyone seriously playing with Yarn and HBase?

HOYA seems not fully baked and I am making a lot of assumptions about Yarn and HBase on Yarn.

Thoughts?

-Mike