Avro >> mail # user >> Hadoop serialization DatumReader/Writer

Hadoop serialization DatumReader/Writer
Hi all:

Is there a reason Avro’s Hadoop serialization classes don’t allow
configuration of the DatumReader and DatumWriter classes?

My use-case is that I’m implementing Clojure DatumReader and -Writer
classes which produce and consume Clojure’s data structures directly.
I’d like to then extend that to Hadoop MapReduce jobs which operate in
terms of Clojure data, with Avro handling all de/serialization directly
to/from that Clojure data.

Am I going around this in a backwards fashion, or would a patch to allow
configuration of the Hadoop serialization DatumReader/Writers be
welcome?

-Marshall
+
Scott Carey 2013-05-13, 22:08
+
Marshall Bockrath-Vandegr... 2013-05-13, 23:22