Hive >> mail # user >> FW: a potential bug in HIVE/HADOOP ? -- MetaStore, createDatabase()

FW: a potential bug in HIVE/HADOOP ? -- MetaStore, createDatabase()

fyi
--- 11年12月14日,周三, Bing Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 写道:

发件人: Bing Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
主题: a potential bug in HIVE/HADOOP ? -- MetaStore, createDatabase()
收件人: "hive dev list" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
日期: 2011年12月14日,周三,下午8:32

Hi, developers
When I ran Hive UT with the candidate build of Hive-0.8.0, I found that TestEmbeddedHiveMetaStore and TestRemoteHiveMetaStore always FAILED with ROOT account while PASS with NON-ROOT account.

I took a look at the source code of TestHiveMetaStore, and found that

      fs.mkdirs(
          new Path(HiveConf.getVar(hiveConf, HiveConf.ConfVars.METASTOREWAREHOUSE) + "/test"),
          new FsPermission((short) 0));
 client.createDatabase(db);   // always create the db with ROOT

Does HIVE UT only support NON-ROOT account? Otherwise, I think it maybe a potential defect/bug in HADOOP/HIVE.
Thanks,
- Bing