Kafka, mail # user - Kafka events to S3?

+
Russell Jurney 2012-05-23, 05:23
+
Jay Kreps 2012-05-23, 05:30
+
Russell Jurney 2012-05-23, 05:35
Re: Kafka events to S3?
S Ahmed 2012-05-23, 15:21
What would be needed to do this?

Just thinking off the top of my head:

1. create a zookeeper store to keep track of the last message offset
persisted to s3, and which messages each consumer is processing.

2. pull messages off and group in whatever grouping you want (per message,
10 messages, etc.), and spin off a executorservice to push to s3, update
the zookeeper offset.

I'm new to kafka, but I would have to investigate on how multiple consumers
can pull messages and push to s3, while not having the consumers pull the
same messages.
Setting up a zookeeper store to track progress specifically for what has
been pushed to s3.
On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 1:35 AM, Russell Jurney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Yeah, no kidding. I keep waiting on one :)
>
> Russell Jurney http://datasyndrome.com
>
> On May 22, 2012, at 10:31 PM, Jay Kreps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > No. Patches accepted.
> >
> > -Jay
> >
> > On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM, Russell Jurney
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a simple way to dump Kafka events to S3 yet?
> >>
> >> Russell Jurney http://datasyndrome.com

+
Jay Kreps 2012-05-23, 17:49
+