HBase >> mail # user >> HTable and streaming

+
Simon Majou 2013-06-01, 15:09
+
Ted Yu 2013-06-01, 15:14
Re: HTable and streaming
No I don't want to scan a table, I want a stream of one result. In case for
example of big records.

With thrift it is up to the client to deal with the response, so in theory
you can build a client which returns streams.

But when I look at the current implementation of thrift for node for
instance (https://github.com/apache/thrift/tree/trunk/lib/nodejs), it sends
back only full formed results (as the Java client).
Simon
On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I assume you want to scan the table:
>
> http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.html#getScanner(byte[])
>
> Can you point out which thrift client methods provide streaming capability
> ?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 8:09 AM, Simon Majou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't see any methods returning streams in the Java client HTable :
> >
> http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.html
> >
> > That means we need to use the thrift client to get streams ?
> >
> > Simon

+
Stack 2013-06-01, 21:42
+