Pig >> mail # dev >> Adding new test cases to TestBuiltin.java

Adding new test cases to TestBuiltin.java
Hi all,

While reviewing PIG-2881 (Add SUBTRACT eval func), I had 2 questions:

1) How do we decide whether an eval func be a built-in func? For example,
should SUBTRACT be added to the o.a.pig.builtin or piggybank?
2) Do we want to continue to add test cases to TestBuiltin.java for new
built-in eval funcs? That file is now ~3k line long, so I was wondering
whether we should start breaking it into smaller files.

Currently, Joel's patch for PIG-2881 is adding the new eval func as a
built-in and creating its own new test suite rather than adding test cases
to TestBuiltin.java. I wanted to know what other people think before
committing his patch.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2881?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13487241

Thanks!
Cheolsoo