Hive, mail # user - Loading a Hive table simultaneously from 2 different sources

+
Krishnan K 2013-01-24, 14:44
Re: Loading a Hive table simultaneously from 2 different sources
Edward Capriolo 2013-01-24, 14:52
Partition the table and load the data into different partitions. That or
build the data outside he table and then use scripting to move the data in
using LOAD DATA INPATH or copying.

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Krishnan K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Could you please let me know what would happen if we try to load a table
> from 2 different sources at the same time ?
>
> I had tried this earlier and got an error for 1 load job and while the
> other job loaded the data successfully into the table..
>
> I guess it was because of lock acquired on the table by the first load
> process.
>
> Is there anyway to handle this ?
>
> Please give your insights.
>
> Regards,