Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop 2 Postgres bulk insert support

+
Ruslan Al-Fakikh 2013-04-10, 19:43
Re: Sqoop 2 Postgres bulk insert support
The ticket you linked to says the issue is fixed in 1.99.2, but the current
"release" of sqoop 2 is 1.99.1. I guess this ticket is merged in sqoop 2's
trunk.

Overall, it seems sqoop 2 is not ready for prime time at all. But I could
of course be wrong. I just tried it briefly, so I don't know. YMMV.

--
Felix
On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Ruslan Al-Fakikh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I couldn't find a detail documentation about Sqoop 2, only some wikis with
> quick starts and proposed designs. Is there a complete documentation like
> the one for Sqoop 1?
>
> Basically I am trying to find out if there is a support for bulk insert
> for Postgres (multirow inserts are too slow I guess). I found that there is
> some support for Postgres:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-908
> but no details (bulk insert, etc) :(
>
> Any hint would be appreciated.