HBase >> mail # user >> Re: Improvement: Provide better feedback on Put to unknown CF

+
Dhaval Shah 2012-07-10, 13:07
+
Michael Segel 2012-07-10, 22:15
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 22:20
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-07-09, 12:25
+
yuzhihong@... 2012-07-09, 12:48
Re: Improvement: Provide better feedback on Put to unknown CF
This may beg the question ...
Why do you not know the CF?

Your table schemas only consist of tables and CFs. So you should know them at the start of your job or m/r Mapper.setup();
On Jul 9, 2012, at 7:25 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When we try to add a value to a CF which does not exist on a table, we
> are getting the error below. I think this is not really giving the
> right information about the issue.
>
> Should it not be better to provide an exception like
> UnknownColumnFamillyException?
>
> JM
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedWithDetailsException:
> Failed 1 action: DoNotRetryIOException: 1 time, servers with issues:
> phenom:60020,
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.processBatchCallback(HConnectionManager.java:1591)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.processBatch(HConnectionManager.java:1367)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.flushCommits(HTable.java:945)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.doPut(HTable.java:801)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.put(HTable.java:776)
> at org.myapp.app.Integrator.main(Integrator.java:162)

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-07-09, 13:42
+
Michael Segel 2012-07-09, 14:39