Zookeeper >> mail # user >> split ZK cluster across DCs?

Re: split ZK cluster across DCs?
If these nodes in the remote DC just need to read, you can do this via
observers in the remote DC. If they need to write as well, you're in a
tough spot. If most of the clients will be in one data center, I would
favor keeping a majority of nodes in that datacenter and forcing the master
to be there (via monitoring and restarting as necessary), so that you can
get votes locally and have mostly faster writes. Otherwise you're just
going to have a slower cluster than is optimal but that's the tradeoff for
supporting two datacenters.