Hadoop >> mail # dev >> maven setting of version of protocol buffer

+
yiyu jia 2013-01-17, 14:34
+
Colin McCabe 2013-01-17, 19:00
Re: maven setting of version of protocol buffer
Hi Colin,

Yes. What I talked about is google protobuf. What I did is just open each
POM files that has protobuf dependency and add the version number I
installed into my local repository.

I guess other developers have no problem because they use there internal
maven repository, which contains right version of protobuf. for my case, I
build hadoop common in my home pc and it linked to a public respository,
which has old version of protobuf having no Parser.java.

I see many dependencies has no version tag specified in the source code
tree. I guess it was done purposely? Maybe somebody can explain why we do
not specify the version in each dependency declaration.

thanks and regards,

yiyu