MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [Vote] Merge branch-trunk-win to trunk

> It seems that with the HW in place, the matter of setting at least nightly
> build is trivial for anyone with up to date Windows knowledge. I wish I
> could
> help. Going without a validation is a recipe for a disaster IMO.
>
> -1 until some reasonable solution is implemented.
>   Cos
Cos, I have hard time understanding your veto?

Here is my rationale for merge:
Currently with all the cross platform support, the merge patch has +1 from
Jenkins on Linux. So no regression has been introduced in Hadoop on Linux.

As regards to Windows support I want to make two points:
1. Until Jenkins is setup and we are passing all the tests, I am okay, as
Konstntin proposed, if we do not officially declare Windows as supported. I
do not want to tie the patch merge with setting up Windows Jenkins. I have
been maintaining this branch for a long time and keeping it in sync with
trunk is non-trivial.
2. After Jenkins is setup, there is a concern in the community about -1
from Windows hindering patch commits. As others have already suggested in
the thread, I am okay committing new patches even if -1 is posted by
Jenkins on Windows. The team that worked on Windows will fix the issues. I
do not see many such issues cropping up.