HBase >> mail # user >> md5 hash key and splits

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-08-29, 22:56
+
Stack 2012-08-30, 04:19
+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-08-30, 04:38
+
Stack 2012-08-30, 05:50
Re: md5 hash key and splits
On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 10:50 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM, Mohit Anchlia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 9:19 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> the
> cases
> >>

> > What logic would you recommend to split the table into multiple regions
> > when using md5 hash?
> >

> Its hard to know how well your inserts will spread over the md5
> namespace ahead of time.  You could try sampling or just let HBase
> take care of the splits for you (Is there a problem w/ your letting
> HBase do the splits?)
>
> From what I;ve read it's advisable to do manual splits since you are able
to spread the load in more predictable way. If I am missing something
please let me know.
> St.Ack

+
Stack 2012-08-30, 22:45