HBase, mail # user - Not Starting Hmaster bacause of Permission denied

Re: Not Starting Hmaster bacause of Permission denied
Sonal Goyal 2011-08-19, 16:48
Hi Andy,

We run HBase under the same user, so unfortunately I havent seen your issue.
But the hbase user definitely needs to own the hbase.rootdir, to be able to
write to it. Do your hbase and hadoop users belong to the same group and is
the activity dfs folder permissions set correctly for hbase user to write to
it?

I would try the following to rule out permission issues.

bin/hadoop fs -mkdir /activity
bin/hadoop fs -chown hbase /activity

And then start hbase.

If anyone on the list has seen this issue or has some other thoughts, please
share.

Best Regards,
Sonal

<http://in.linkedin.com/in/sonalgoyal>