Hadoop >> mail # user >> Unable to process jobs - Status stuck on Initialize

Unable to process jobs - Status stuck on Initialize
I started up Apache Hadoop version 1.0.4 and tried to submit a job but I noticed when I browse to http://MyServer:50030, the state is listed as "Initializing". How do I change the state to "running" so I can submit jobs to the scheduler?

Mike