Hive, mail # user - Google ProtocolBufferException exception when using ORC file format

Re: Google ProtocolBufferException exception when using ORC file format
Nitin Pawar 2013-10-17, 06:46
Hi Zhang,

you can not load a text file as orc file as load command does not transform
your txt file to orc.
To write a orc file you will need to use hcatalog apis.

What you can do is
create a temp table and load the data there.
then do a insert into table test select * from temptest

--
Nitin Pawar