Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> predefined xids in c client

Re: predefined xids in c client
On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Michi Mutsuzaki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Pat,
>
> How does the C client ensure that the regular xids are non-negative?
> The get_xid() function in st_adaptor.c doesn't seem to handle
> overflow. I guess I'm missing something obvious...
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/zookeeper/trunk/src/c/src/st_adaptor.c?revision=1038827&view=markup

Sorry, you're right! If a session (I checked, the problem exists in
both the c and java clients) sends more then 2 billion operations the
xid will rollover. Correct. Please enter a jira for that, we should
expire the session when that happens (really in 4.0 we should change
to a long rather than an int for many of these "counters", e.g.
version)

Thanks!

Patrick