HBase >> mail # user >> How to turn off WAL from hbase shell or config file?

Re: How to turn off WAL from hbase shell or config file?
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Tianying Chang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to do some performance testing, and want to test when the WAL
> is turned off. I know there is API writeToWAL(false) to do this, but if I
> want to just change the setting and use the performanceEvaluation tool to
> run the test with WAL off.
>
> Is there a way in HBase shell, or a config key in hbase-site.xml to do
> that?
>
> Thanks
> Tian-Ying

Not currently.  You have to do it per edit.  See
http://hbase.apache.org/xref/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/HRegion.html#2162where
we figure whether to write the WAL or not.

St.Ack