Pig >> mail # user >> Evaluate Pig UDF values for MACRO parameters

Evaluate Pig UDF values for MACRO parameters
I'd like to call a UDF to evaluate the value of a MACRO parameter, but when
I do something like:

signals_in = load_recent_signals(TimebucketToDatePartition(1351612800000L),
TimebucketToDatePartition(1351785600000L));

I get error:  org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - ERROR 1200: <line 5,
column 58>  mismatched input '(' expecting RIGHT_PAREN

Of course, it works if I pass static string values like:

signals_in = load_recent_signals( '2012-11-01_1600',  '2012-11-02_1600');
So I know my MACRO is correct. Is this by design? Anyone see a way to work
around this?

Cheers,
Tim