Hive >> mail # user >> is Hive support TTL(time to live) now ?

+
Hezhiqiang 2012-11-29, 11:39
+
Nitin Pawar 2012-11-29, 11:52
+
Hezhiqiang 2012-11-29, 11:57
+
Nitin Pawar 2012-11-29, 12:09
Re: is Hive support TTL(time to live) now ?
their is a table level property retention it does not do anything but you
can write a program to sweep through the metastore and take action based on
that or other custom properties.

On Thursday, November 29, 2012, Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hive will not delete anything unless you ask for it
> if your tables are on hdfs tmp folder, hadoop will wipe them off if you
dont use them for the tmp time period. If you want to delete data from
tables or complete tables, you will need to schedule crons or look at few
workflow engines