Hive >> mail # user >> alter external table location with new namenode address

+
Alok Kumar 2012-08-24, 08:00
+
Bejoy KS 2012-08-24, 12:10
+
Alok Kumar 2012-08-24, 17:56
Re: alter external table location with new namenode address
Directly accessing the metastore schema is generally not a good idea.
Instead I recommend using the ALTER TABLE SET LOCATION command:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+DDL#LanguageManualDDL-AlterTable%2FPartitionLocation

Thanks.

Carl

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Alok Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Bejoy,
>
> Thank you for your help.
> updated metastore n its working fine.
>
> Regards
> -Alok
>
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Bejoy KS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Yes you need to update the metastore db directly for this to be in
> effect.
> >
> > Regards
> > Bejoy KS
> >
> > Sent from handheld, please excuse typos.

+
Alok Kumar 2012-08-25, 12:29