Hadoop >> mail # general >> Hadoop build machine donations?

+
Nigel Daley 2011-08-02, 06:22
+
Andrew Bayer 2011-08-02, 15:07
+
Milind.Bhandarkar@... 2011-08-02, 17:38
+
Andrew Bayer 2011-08-02, 17:53
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-08-02, 18:39
+
Milind.Bhandarkar@... 2011-08-02, 19:01
+
Andrew Bayer 2011-08-02, 19:08
+
Nigel Daley 2011-08-03, 05:24
Re: Hadoop build machine donations?

On Aug 1, 2011, at 11:22 PM, Nigel Daley wrote:
> Ideally the hardware is:
> * hosted and OS managed by the donor,
> * publicly addressable on the internet,
> * running Ubuntu or CentOS, and
> * sudo access can be given to Apache's Jenkins admins so they can create accounts for committers as needed.

IMO, it would be better to have some diversity rather than what we already have.  The above can be done on EC2.
+
Matt Foley 2011-08-02, 18:20
+
Andrew Bayer 2011-08-02, 18:32