Hive >> mail # user >> Question on Archive, Shims & “hive.archive.har.parentdir.settable” setting

Question on Archive, Shims & “hive.archive.har.parentdir.settable” setting
Hi Guys, While I am trying to understand the archive functionality/code in HIVE. I noticed that the default value of “hive.archive.har.parentdir.settable” setting is false. But shim is using this setting to pass one of the mandatory argument “–P” to HadoopArchives class.

Is there any place where we are setting this flag to run HIVE unit tests to pass this mandatory flag? I didn’t find it either in the hive-default.xml or hive-site.xml.

Thanks,
Kanna