Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4

+
Josh Elser 2013-09-18, 02:59
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-18, 03:10
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-18, 03:19
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-19, 02:38
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 13:56
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-18, 14:28
+
Christopher 2013-09-18, 18:09
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-18, 15:24
+
Christopher 2013-09-19, 14:15
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 14:22
+
Christopher 2013-09-19, 15:15
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 15:28
Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4
In the spirit of doing this properly, I'm going to -1 myself, however
additional feedback is greatly appreciated to make a better final product.

I'll wait the originally stated 72 hrs before putting up the next release
candidate to give adequate time for people to comment.

1) Generate source-release tarball in addition to source-release zip
(sourceReleaseAssemblyDescriptor='source-release-zip-tar')
2) Update to version 13 of Apache parent pom
3) Configure maven-release-plugin to not `pushChanges`

FWIW, I will be nuking the 1.4.4 tag that was pushed and reverting from
1.4.5-SNAPSHOT back to 1.4.4-SNAPSHOT if anyone pulls down the repo to look
at things. If the repo doesn't contain things you expect to see, it's
because I've already started cleaning things up again.
On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 10:59 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Devs,
>
> Please consider the following candidate project as a "sister" release to
> Apache Accumulo 1.4.4: Apache Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4
>
> For those unaware, Keith started this as a pet-project on Github, but the
> two of us worked together to make a Maven archetype from it. As such, this
> archetype gives a first-time user a way to get an Accumulo MiniCluster
> instance up and running with only Java and Maven installed with examples
> that run MapReduce and the Accumulo shell against said MiniCluster.
>
> The release has been staged at https://repository.apache.org/**
> content/repositories/**orgapacheaccumulo-070/<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-070/>using the instructions found at
> http://www.apache.org/dev/**publishing-maven-artifacts.**html<http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html>.
> The repository (and tag '1.4.4' which the release was built from) can be
> found at https://git-wip-us.apache.org/**repos/asf/accumulo-instamo-**
> archetype.git<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo-instamo-archetype.git>
> .
>
> I did mess up the invocation of the maven-release-plugin when preparing
> the release which is why the tag is '1.4.4' and not '1.4.4-RC1'. I'll
> revert my mess if there are problems with this release.
>
> This vote will remain open for 72 hours. For those wondering, I also have
> a 1.5.0 release of the archetype that uses Apache Accumulo 1.5.0 ready to
> go.
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Josh

+