Flume >> mail # user >> Authentication - Avro Source, Sink, RpcClient

Authentication - Avro Source, Sink, RpcClient
Hi Flume Users,

We’d like to have authentication between Flume Nodes and Clients.
I believe that currently there’s no easy way to set up any kind of authentication between Avro Sources, Sinks, and RpcClients.

I would like to ask what would be the best way to extend Flume to support authentication?
Would it be enough to extend or rewrite Avro Source, Sink and RpcClient?
Does Avro or Netty support authentication?

We’d prefer using Kerberos or maybe SPNEGO, but I’m not sure what options do we have.

Thanks and regards,
Rudolf

Rudolf Rakos
Morgan Stanley | ISG Technology
Lechner Odon fasor 8 | Floor 06
Budapest, 1095
Phone: +36 1 881-4011
Be carbon conscious. Please consider our environment before printing this email.

________________________________

NOTICE: Morgan Stanley is not acting as a municipal advisor and the opinions or views contained herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning of Section 975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify the sender immediately. Mistransmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or privilege. Morgan Stanley reserves the right, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor electronic communications. This message is subject to terms available at the following link: http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers If you cannot access these links, please notify us by reply message and we will send the contents to you. By messaging with Morgan Stanley you consent to the foregoing.
+
Mike Percy 2013-01-23, 20:16
+
Rakos, Rudolf 2013-01-25, 14:07