HBase, mail # user - HBase table affinity to host(s)

+
Brennon Church 2012-12-21, 23:54
+
Ted Yu 2012-12-22, 00:19
+
Brennon Church 2012-12-22, 03:30
+
Ted Yu 2012-12-22, 04:28
+
Ted Yu 2012-12-22, 04:48
+
Brennon Church 2012-12-22, 07:01
+
Ted Yu 2012-12-22, 13:48
+
Brennon Church 2012-12-23, 22:59
+
yuzhihong@... 2012-12-24, 01:04
+
Adrien Mogenet 2012-12-27, 15:09
+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-12-27, 15:39
+
Adrien Mogenet 2012-12-27, 17:11
+
Dimitry Goldin 2012-12-22, 00:33
Re: HBase table affinity to host(s)
Ted Yu 2012-12-22, 04:59
Dimitry:
StochasticLoadBalancer doesn't provide the capability of grouping selected
regions on subset of region servers.

Cheers

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Dimitry Goldin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 22.12.2012 00:54, Brennon Church wrote:> I'm curious, is there any
> concept of hosting regions from a given table
>
> > only on a single host or subset of hosts in a cluster?
>
> Not really. Since any region could be moved to any regionserver
> upon failure, no permanent ties are established between
> regions and their locations.
>

> > In our case we have a heavily-used table that can cause problems for the
> > older systems in our cluster.  Newer systems would have less trouble,
> > so I'd like to restrict regions for that one table only to those more
> > powerful servers.
>
> From the top of my head you could try a couple of things to achieve
> that effect:
>
> - Putting the smaller machines into a different hbase cluster
> with tables they can handle and the rest on the bigger one.
>
> - If you're running 0.95 or higher, you should try
> StochasticLoadBalancer and see if it maybe is already enough
> to help. Though thats not really likely, as it does not
> factor in the system load. But certainly
> a good starting point for building a balancer which suits
> your needs better.
>
> - You could manually assign regions to your servers using hbase shells
> 'assign' command, which will only work until the regionserver is
> restarted or fails.
>
> Personally, I have only tried the last option.
>
> hth,
>         dima

+
Dimitry Goldin 2012-12-22, 10:22