HDFS, mail # user - recovery accidently deleted pig script

+
feng jiang 2013-06-13, 01:58
+
Michael Segel 2013-06-13, 02:28
+
Chris Embree 2013-06-13, 02:35
+
feng jiang 2013-06-13, 09:33
+
zangxiangyu 2013-06-13, 09:55
Re: recovery accidently deleted pig script
Michel Segel 2013-06-13, 10:48
Well if the script was sitting on the cluster... Then it would be a Hadoop question.
?How do you recover a file that was deleted on HDFS?
Which is an interesting question...

But the OP said it wasn't on HDFS, and to your point... One can only say sorry dude, bummer, rewrite it.

Sorry you're having a rough day.
This is why I usually say Embrace the suck.

Mike Segel

On Jun 12, 2013, at 9:35 PM, Chris Embree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is not a Hadoop question (IMHO).
>
> 2 words:  Version Control
>
> Did the advent of Hadoop somehow circumvent all IT convention?
>
> Sorry folks, it's been a rough day.
>
> On 6/12/13, Michael Segel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Where was the pig script? On HDFS?
>>
>> How often does your cluster clean up the trash?
>>
>> (Deleted stuff doesn't get cleaned up when the file is deleted... ) Its a
>> configurable setting so YMMV
>>
>> On Jun 12, 2013, at 8:58 PM, feng jiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> We have a pig script scheduled running every 4 hours. Someone accidentally
>>> deleted the pig script(rm). Is there any way to recover the script?
>>>
>>> I am guessing Hadoop copy the program to every nodes before running. Just
>>> in case it has any copy in the nodes.
>>>

>>> Best regards,
>>> Feng Jiang

+