Flume >> mail # user >> "single source - multi channel" scenario  and applying interceptor while writing to only one channel and not on others...possible approaches

+
Jagadish Bihani 2013-04-16, 06:36
+
Jagadish Bihani 2013-04-17, 06:12
+
Jeff Lord 2013-04-19, 16:34
+
Jeff Lord 2013-04-19, 18:14
+
Connor Woodson 2013-04-23, 06:52
+
Connor Woodson 2013-04-23, 06:57
Re: "single source - multi channel" scenario and applying interceptor while writing to only one channel and not on others...possible approaches
Hi

Thanks Jeff and Connor. That was helpful.

@Connor :

Scenario:
======  We have  a scenario where we receive logs where each record contains
several
fields (around 100). We want to send every field of every record as it
is to hdfs and send only
"subset" of fields of "every"record to another sink (say Storm).
    So in this we don't filter records, we are filtering some fields of
every record in
  one channel and none in other.

Hence, apparently the solution of channel selector will not work here
and custom event serializer might need to be written.
As mentioned by you if there are any directions related to that are
available it will be of great help.

Regards,
Jagadish

+