Pig >> mail # user >> udf + boolean constructor

udf + boolean constructor
I'm trying to set useMatches=false in REGEX_EXTRACT_ALL as per the javadoc:
http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.11.0/api/org/apache/pig/builtin/REGEX_EXTRACT_ALL.html
(and yes, I'm using pig 0.11).

But it doesn't work.  I'm concerned about this post:
http://grokbase.com/t/pig/user/12b891a55k/boolean-pig-udf-constructor

I can only hope this comment only applies to Pig <= 0.11.... otherwise it's
just cruel to have features impossible to use!

(FWIW, I'll write a UDF that wraps REGEX_EXTRACT_ALL with a string
argument, but that's pretty gross...)

will
+
William Oberman 2013-05-08, 17:30