HDFS >> mail # dev >> Re: Changes to FSImage/FSEditLog

Re: Changes to FSImage/FSEditLog
Glancing at 1473, it seems reasonable, but of course should get a
thorough review.  HDFS-1465 will impact and essentially replace all the
saving/loading code, so whether the it does so with the code's current
state or with 1473's refactoring, it doesn't matter much.  1473 will
probably make it easier.

It would be more useful if 1465 went in before 1070, because it would
save Hairong work, but I believe she's already started and I just don't
have the bandwidth to do it at the moment, but I'm hoping that it will
be the next thing I work on.  The end result for the image, when we're
all done, will hopefully be refactored, unified and efficient

It should be noted that HDFS-1448, and the de-duplication JIRA that's
been agreed to as its sequel, will also impact on all of the edits work.
-jg