Kafka, mail # user - "Dry" topics

+
Guy Doulberg 2012-07-10, 15:21
+
Jun Rao 2012-07-10, 15:36
+
Guy Doulberg 2012-07-11, 06:21
Re: "Dry" topics
Guy Doulberg 2012-07-15, 12:17
Hi guys,
I built a tool in my kafka tools repository that gets a topic a zookeepr
and file, and checks for each topic/partition if the topic is "DRY".

It basically writes to the file the current offsets in each broker, if
the combination of the (topic,broker,partition) existed in the file
prior to the run, it will compare the current offset of the
(topic,broker,partition) with the in the file (previous), if it didn't
got larger it will return the status stuck for this
(topic,broker,partition), otherwise (1. there was no file 2. the
(topic,broker,partition) was not reported 3. the value of the previous
(topic,broker,partition) is lesser than the current) it returns the
status OK

This output can be processed by a monitoring tool such as Nagios,

Thanks