HBase >> mail # user >> copy data inter-cluster with different version of Hadoop

copy data inter-cluster with different version of Hadoop
I need to copy data from Hadoop cluster A to cluster B. I know I can use "distCp" tool to do that. Now the problem is: cluster A has version 1.2.1 and cluster B has version 0.20.x.  So "distcp" tool from either version does not work  on both versions. Is there a possible way to do that? So far I copy data from cluster A to local and upload to cluster B.

Thanks
Senqiang