Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Zoo Keeper - The Beginning

Re: Zoo Keeper - The Beginning
Diego

We are planning to use zookeeper for a server fail over condition. Which
means when a server is down, the client should be able to connect and send
request to an alternate configured. When going through the documentation, we
found that zoo keeper helps in achieving this scenario. But we are not able
to proceed with the setting up of server. When we start the server using the
NIO connection factory given in the Zoo Keeper, the socket connection is
created by the Zoo Keeper itself using the Client port. And once the server
is up, how to use a client to communicate to the server with that port ? And
in the server, how to read the request sent b the client ? Is there any
exposed methods to get the data from the external client ? As far I have
checked, the object used to create the connection is not exposed. So I am
not able to use that object to receive the data from the client. Can you
suggest me how to proceed for the above mentioned scenario ?

Jude Solomon