Accumulo, mail # user - Increase tserver startup timeout + iterations?

+
Jeff Blaine 2013-02-27, 14:38
+
John Vines 2013-02-27, 15:06
Re: Increase tserver startup timeout + iterations?
Eric Newton 2013-02-27, 15:13
We already wait on the NN.

-Eric

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Not sure if non- existence of the name node is something we want to deal
> with. I worry this will cause confusion and ambiguity for first time users
> who point Accumulo at an empty Hadoop configuration.

> On Feb 27, 2013 9:39 AM, "Jeff Blaine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> We spin up our slaves first, then the Hadoop namenode + Accumulo
>> master afterward. By the time that comes up, tserver has exited
>> on the Accumulo slaves.
>>
>> Is there a way to increase the tserver effort for connection
>> to the master?
>>
>> Aside: is there really any reason for tserver to exit? Why not
>> just do an exponential backoff of connection attempts until
>> 30 seconds is hit, and then stay there infinitely?

+
John Vines 2013-02-27, 15:23
+
Eric Newton 2013-02-27, 15:36