Hadoop >> mail # user >> Calling C inside MR

+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-03, 12:05
+
Simone Leo 2012-12-03, 13:41
Re: Calling C inside MR
Hello Simone,

     Thank you so much for the pointers. I am actually looking for some way
using which this can be achieved without Streaming or Pipes (If possible at
all).

And I did not get why did you point out to the API page. Please let me know
if you know about something that I could relate. Apologies for my ignorance.

Many thanks.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 7:11 PM, Simone Leo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You can use Hadoop Pipes:
>
> http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/**stable/api/index.html<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/api/index.html>
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/**C%2B%2BWordCount<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/C%2B%2BWordCount>
>
> Simone
>

> On 12/03/2012 01:05 PM, Mohammad Tariq wrote:
>
>> Hello list,
>>
>>            I have a tool (written in C) that performs some different
>> types of operations and can be used as a command line utility. I had to
>> write a similar tool, as we have moved towards Hadoop platform for most
>> of the things.
>>
>> Till now I have taken this tool as reference  and written MR jobs
>> corresponding to some the modules of this tool and they are working
>> fine. But I am wasting a lot of time in this. So, I just wanted to ask
>> if it is possible to call this tool through a MR job?? Somewhat like JNI
>> kinda thing. (I hope it is, otherwise I have to write rest of things
>> from scratch and we are running out of time).
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>>      Mohammad Tariq
>>

> --