HBase >> mail # dev >> trunk vs. precommit dev env

+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-04-05, 15:29
+
Stack 2013-04-05, 18:30
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-04-05, 18:36
+
Stack 2013-04-05, 18:52
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-05, 19:22
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-06, 00:03
Re: trunk vs. precommit dev env
Jenkins has been down for 15 hours now, so I can't change the
configuration...
If nobody objects, I will:
 - set all the builds to hadoop* and jdk 1.6
 - in parallel do a few tries on jdk 1.7. Especially, I would like to
ensure that we have a recent 64 bits version of the jdk1.7 on all machines
 - see what's flaky with 1.6 (I think Jeffrey's tool will allow us to get
this list after a few days of commit)
 - then set all the trunk builds to 1.7
On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 2:03 AM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Also I am remiss to mention that the JDK version used on EC2 Jenkins is
> currently JDK6. I've been meaning to bring up discussion on moving to JDK7
> there. It's already installed on the AMI, the only change necessary is to
> the node configuration in Jenkins.
>

> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > It seems better to me to change precommit builds to jdk7 too. Otherwise
> > wouldn't we be relying on a EOL product for build stability? With the
> flaky
> > test category under discussion we can get green builds that way without
> > keeping one foot (or both) in the past. Thoughts?
> >
> > As for moving builds to the hadoop* machines, +1 they seem cleaner.
> >

> > On Friday, April 5, 2013, Stack wrote:

> >> Go for it.  We had a jdk7 discussion a while back and switched trunk
> build
> >> to jdk7 as a result.  Stability is more important so feel free to change
> >> if
> >> that will help improve it.

> safer
> >> >

> >> Go for it.